A Little Bit About T.G.I. Friday's Entrées For OneAlthough frozen meals have come a long way since the first TV dinners and pot pies of the 1950s, a recent survey indicates that Americans are still hungering for more from their convenient cuisine. In an effort to end frozen meal mediocrity, T.G.I. FRIDAY’S® Frozen Foods has launched an anything-but-boring line of flavorful “Entrées for One” that combine restaurant quality with the convenience of a ready-made, individual frozen meal.
According to a survey conducted by Wakefield Research, 69 percent of Americans agree that today’s frozen entrées are far from restaurant quality. And only 11 percent describe their frozen meal as flavorful, yet they admit to eating about 100 frozen meals each year.¹ The new line of T.G.I. FRIDAY’S “Entrées for One” solves frozen food boredom with nine new entrées inspired by the bold and fun flavors of the famed T.G.I. FRIDAY’S restaurants. From Sizzling Steak Fajitas to Cajun-Style Chicken Alfredo, the new varieties infuse a fresh new flavor into the frozen meal category.
“It’s time to shake things up in the frozen food aisle and rethink the possibilities. Although frozen meals are designed to be quick and convenient solutions, it doesn’t mean you have to settle for the same old boring, bland meal every time,” said Michelle Fuscaldo, associate director for T.G.I. FRIDAY’S Frozen Foods. “With T.G.I. FRIDAY’S new line of frozen ‘Entrées for One,’ you can enjoy convenience, quality and exciting new flavors all at once – whether you need a quick weeknight meal or a jolt of unexpected flavor to get into that FRIDAY’S fun mood.”
The new entrées include nine varieties in a host of standout flavors:
- Sizzling Chicken Fajitas – Grilled white meat chicken, seasoned strips of bell peppers and onions paired with a side of cheesy rice. Includes three flour tortillas.
- Sizzling Steak Fajitas – Seared beef steak, seasoned strips of bell peppers and onions paired with a side of cheesy rice. Includes three flour tortillas.
- Grilled Chicken Mac & Cheese – White meat chicken and cavatappi pasta in a classic American cheese sauce topped with Cheddar, Romano, Parmesan and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Prime Rib Stroganoff – Prime Rib beef, whole grain curly pasta, mushrooms and onions tossed in a creamy rich brown sauce with black pepper.
- Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo – Grilled white meat chicken, broccoli florets and cavatappi pasta tossed in a Parmesan Alfredo sauce.
- Loaded Chicken & Cheese – Grilled white meat chicken, roasted potatoes, broccoli florets and red peppers tossed in a rich cheddar cheese sauce.
- Cajun-Style Chicken Alfredo – Blackened white meat chicken, ciufetti pasta, red peppers and green onions tossed in a creamy Cajun-style Alfredo sauce.
- Sesame Orange Chicken – Sesame-breaded white meat chicken, Asian-style vegetables and white rice tossed in a sweet orange sauce.
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Carbonara – Grilled white meat chicken, penne pasta, vegetables and crumbled bacon tossed in a creamy Carbonara sauce.
The flavorful new FRiDAY’S frozen entrées are available in two formats – trays and bag meals – that are both ready in less than seven minutes. The bag meals feature a dual-prep function and can be conveniently steamed directly in the microwaveable bag or cooked in a skillet for some extra sizzle. Plus, the Sizzling Fajitas come with flour tortillas packaged separately, allowing you to fill the tortillas with meat, veggies and cheesy rice – just like in the restaurant.
Designed with sustainability in mind, the entrées are efficiently packaged in either bags or trays that use minimal material and freezer space. Plus, the eco-friendly trays are composed of a hybrid material that uses 40 percent less plastic than traditional frozen tray meal formats.
Finding the New FRiDAY’S Frozen Flavors
The new frozen entrées complement a wide range of other flavorful entrée and snack options from T.G.I. FRiDAY’S brand and are available now at most major grocery and chain retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.99.
As I'm sure many other parents are aware, oh my GOODNESS, thing's can get hectic during the work/school week! Running to and from activities, appointments, housework, work .....well, you get the point! Even as I sit here typing at 12:45 A.M., I am not only typing....nope, I am multi-tasking (a skill every mommy must finely hone). I've just finished a major cleaning overhaul in my home, wrapped gifts... the cupcakes for our son's birthday party are currently baking in the oven, and I am simultaneously doing a load of laundry. This is only a small fraction of the craziness that occurred in our house today! A very small fraction!
On extremely busy day's like today, I simply cannot fit cooking a meal from scratch into the schedule(and all those possible dishes?! it gives me a headache just thinking about it!). Perhaps ordering take-out or stopping into a restaurant would be a viable choice, but certainly not a budget friendly one! T.G.I Friday's has just the ticket to a great restaurant quality meal, that cooks in just minutes (microwavable) in the comfort of your own home. The steam in the bag meals and microwavable tray containers make preparation and clean-up super simple! The cost of the Entrées For One, range in price between a very reasonable, 2.49-3.99 (at my local target location). My husband and I absolutely loved the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo, and the kid's couldn't get enough of the Grilled Chicken Mac & Cheese! Thanks to T.G.I. Friday's Entrées For One, I've managed to maintain my sanity on those busy day's, like today, when I just can't seem to find enough time in the day (is there such a thing?!).
You can find Friday's Entrées For One in the Freezer Aisle at a retailer near you.
DISCLOSURE: A product sample was provided for review purposes. I am not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed in this post are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.