A Little Bit About The Cricut Expression 2
Just when you thought crafting couldn't get any more exciting, Cricut brings you an enhanced version of the Cricut Expression! On the outside it boasts a sleek new look, including a full-color LCD touch screen that makes navigation a breeze. On the inside it's packed with powerful new cutting and sizing features in addition to the ones you may already know and love. To top it off, this version comes preloaded with 2 cartridges and it's compatible with your other Cricut cartridges and Gypsy. The Cricut Expression 2: created for passionate crafters like you.
What's In The Box:
- Cricut Expression 2
- Cutting blade and blade housing assembly
- 12"L x 12"W cutting mat
- Alphabet cartridge (preloaded) with handbook
- Essentials cartridge (preloaded) with handbook
- LCD screen protector
- Power adapter
- USB cable
- User's manual
- Quick-start guide
- Manufacturer's 90-day (non-electronic components) and 1-year (electronic components) limited warranties
- Full-color LCD touch screen
- Easy to navigate and make selections using 4 main screens
- Home Screen is the starting point for every project
- Image Screen lets you select and edit images to include in your project
- Settings Screen allows you to manipulate images and choose paper, mat size and other settings
- Cut Settings Screen lets you control the cutting of your project
(Above Video: A detailed look at the Cricut Expression 2 & Holiday Craft Demo Using The Cuttlebug & Expression 2 by Provo Craft)
- Mat preview provides an overall view of your current project and allows you to make changes before you cut
- Material settings let you choose default settings for specific materials and customize settings
- Cutting area light enables you to see where you're cutting on the mat
- Independent image sizing lets you cut different size images all on the same mat
- Multiple mat cutting lets you cut as many images as you want; up to 6 mats per project
- Stylus conveniently stored inside machine
- 2 preloaded cartridges
- Access images via easy-to-use, built-in touch screen
- No keypad overlay required
- Compatible with Cricut cartridges and Gypsy
- Accepts original Cricut cartridges and Cricut Imagine cartridges
- 2 cartridge slots (1 for Cricut Expression and 1 for Cricut Imagine)
- View in Keypad or Gallery Mode
- Connect your Gypsy via the USB port and print directly from that device
- Cuts a wide range of materials
- Easily cut vellum, cardstock, posterboard and vinyl
- Cut thin chipboard using the Multi-Cut function, which repeats a cut over the original cut
- Two mat size settings: 12" x 12" or 12" x 24"
- Portrait or landscape mode
As I'm sure most mom's do, I HAVE AMASSED A TON OF PICTURES! Up until recently most of them were either trapped on SD cards, or printed and put away in a box. Then recently I was introduced to Scrap booking.......and it's taken my love of photo's and crafting to a whole new level! Though the cost of purchasing die-cuts, and embellishments can be pricey, I've found a multi-use machine that is every scrapbooker/crafters dream! The brand new Cricut Expression 2 from Provo Craft. Not only can you make your own die-cuts (which is extremely cost effective over time) , it does SO MUCH MORE!
The Cricut Expression 2 comes with two pre-loaded cartridges including the"Alphabet" and "Essentials" (awesome added value!), so even without the immediate purchase of additional cartridges, it's ready to use right out of the box. The handy touch-screen makes the Expression 2 easy to navigate and very user friendly. I absolutely love that the Expression 2 will optimize the use of my materials! I can pick out several different images ( even if they are varying sizes and shapes) and the machine will lay them out on the mat to optimize the use of space (creating less waste- and ultimately saving you money!). Doing multiple cuts on the same mat is super simple as well! If your creating several of the same item (such as invitations or gift tags) you can pick the image/lettering, and sit back and watch as this incredible machine gets to work!
One of my absolute favorite features of the Expression 2 is the ability to cut Vinyl! If you have been a long time reader, then you are already aware of my affinity for Vinyl Wall Art. It can add the perfect touch to home decor, makes great gifts, and is the perfect addition to a variety of craft projects. Vinyl Wall art has been a go-to option for both of our kid's rooms, as I can personalize their space and change it up easily when their interests change. All to often, we would get a favorite character or theme set in the kid's rooms and then they would decide a month (or mere days) later that they were in love with something new.....leaving us to undo everything! Because Vinyl Wall Art can be so easily removed without damaging the walls (it peels off simply and quickly), tt's simply the very best choice when it comes to decorating children's rooms!
I picked up a couple of the above pictured rolls of adhesive backed vinyl by Cricut at my local craft store (priced very fairly at 9.99 a roll). They were available in a variety of colors, making it easy to match decor / project needs. By simply picking the desired images / letters that you wish to cut on your Expression 2, you can create custom vinyl in a matter of just a few minutes!
Whether you choose to create quotes or statement wall art for a family or living room like I have (pictured above), personalize a child's room, create some wonderful scrapbooks, or gifts.......with the Expression 2 by Cricut the possibilities are endless. So go ahead, stretch your creative wings, this machine is totally up for the challenge!
You can find the Cricut Expression 2 at select retailers and online at http://www.hsn.com/ . To learn more about the Cricut Expression 2 by Provo Craft visit http://www.provocraft.com/ .
Disclosure: A Product Sample(s) was provided for review purposes. The opinions I have expressed in this post are my own, and may differ from others. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Click HERE to read our full Disclosure/Policy.