A Little Bit About The 2012 New Year's Eve Party At The Crayola ExperienceAtlanta has a peach. Vincennes, Ind., has a watermelon and Easton, Pa., has a vivid tangerine … crayon that is! Crayola will drop a 10-ft. vivid tangerine crayon at 8 p.m. on December 31 to colorfully celebrate the New Year at its family attraction The Crayola Experience. The family-friendly festivities begin at 2 p.m. with colorful and creative art activities and live entertainment throughout the facility. Two new exhibits that will turn kids’ creativity into colorful, visible form -- “Dry E-Race Car” and “Be the Star of Your Own Coloring Page” -- will debut at the event. Also premiering is a new “Inside Out Wall,” featuring a larger than life sea-themed mural kids can color on the see-through wall. Following the crayon drop at 8 p.m. (and weather permitting,) a fireworks display will light up the night sky in brilliant colors!
WHEN: December 31, 2011 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
The Crayola Experience (formerly called The Crayola Factory)
30 Centre Square
Easton, PA 18042
ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE FOR THE DAYS EVENTS:
- 2:30pm Glow Hooping
- 3:30pm Interactive Hoop Jam
- 4:30pm Bubble Ballet
- 5:30pm Glow Hooping
- 6:30pm Interactive Hoop Jam
- 7:30pm Fire Hooper Performances ***Outside on Centre Square
- 8:30pm Bubble Ballet
- 2-4pm: Sing for America (Super Sculptures) Sing for America celebrates the USA through song and dance dedicated to military personnel and their families. Families can join as they salute the heroic efforts of our brave men and women
- 3-7pm: Juggernaut String Band (Crayon & Marker Manufacturing Area) Juggernaut String Band fuses a high octane blend of foolishness and party tunes. Using a number of unusual props and instruments, audience members will have the chance to play along.
- 3-7pm: Polly Wolly & Wink Face Painting (National Canal Museum 3rd floor) Polly Wolly & Wink will be in their silliest clown attire offering the best face painting in town. Kids will use their imagination as they decide what cool design to wear for the evening!
- 5-7pm: School of Rock (Super Sculptures) School of Rock teaches guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, drums and vocals in an interactive environment to students from throughout the region. Musicians are inspired, motivated, confident and ready to rock.
- 8pm: Crayon Drop & Fireworks (Outside Centre Square)
At The Crayola Experience™ , you’ll be immersed in color and creativity – a place where there's no limitation to
creativity and imagination. You can color, draw, paint and create with the latest Crayola products without the worry of cleanup afterwards. Each creative space invites you to play and explore while learning and having lots and lots of fun. See how Crayola Crayons and Markers are made. Learn about the history of the Crayola brand. Explore dozens of interactive projects and activities. This is not the real manufacturing plant, but instead a visitor center that allows the child inside each person to unleash its creative spirit. Each quarter, themes and projects change, giving visitors a variety of projects to create throughout the year.
We are thrilled to be attending the 2012 New Year's Eve Party at The Crayola Experience, keep an eye out for our coverage of the event!
Admission price is $19 per person in advance and $23 per person at the door. Children will receive a free pack of Crayola Glow Explosion Gear, to make wearable hats and noise makers using colorful, bendable glow sticks. Reservations can be made by calling 610-515-8000.
Disclosure: Access to the event has been provided for review purposes. The opinions I have expressed in this post are my own, and may differ from others. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Click HERE to read our full Disclosure/Policy