The new vertical shooting digital camera from Pentax has arrived, and I must say, it's pretty fabulous. The Optio VS 20 is packed with features that are both useful and fun. This is a user friendly camera, and is easily navigated on the generously sized LCD display. I've had this camera with me in a variety of settings over the past week, and it's proved itself time and time again. Whether shooting fast moving kids (yes, they've included a setting specifically for children) night scenes, or landscapes this camera is totally up for the task.
In addition to the convenience of dual shutters (both shutters are equipped with zoom sliders), the 20x digital zoom capability allows you to capture every detail with a truly impressive precision. While I've used digital cameras in the past that boasted the same zoom capability, they often pixelated the images when the zoom was utilized at it's maximum potential. That is not an issue with the Optio VS 20. This camera zooms in on even the most obscure objects and captures them in great detail. In some cases you may even be surprised by what this camera reveals. I've taken pictures this week (with the Optio VS 20) of areas that I've easily shot 10 times before, and this camera has revealed new details that I hadn't realized before.
We were out and about in the city quite a bit over the past week, and I caught some great shots around town. The vivid color, crisp details, and again; that 20x zoom capability all lend hand in capturing beautiful images every time.
These are some of the images that I captured this week:
Pictured Above: The Lego Store at Rockefeller Center, Manhattan, New York
Pictured Above:The Berenstain Bears Live (currently playing off Broadway), New York
Pictured Above: St. Patrick's Cathedral, Manhattan, New York
Pictured above: St. Patrick's Cathedral, Manhattan, New York
The features of the Optio VS 20 Include:
- Outstanding 20X optical zoom lens (equivalent to 28-560mm) can capture a wide array of subjects.
- High-resolution 16-megapixel sensor features sensor-shift PENTAX Shake Reduction image stabilization.
- Dual shutter-release and zoom buttons help to steady the camera and prevent awkward handling for sharp images and shooting convenience.
- Slim design is based upon a traditional compact digital camera footprint.
- Large 3" LCD with HVGA resolution (460,000 dots).
- Features powerful automatic shooting modes such as Auto Picture, flexible scene modes and creative special-effects filters.
- Advanced 3-point autofocus with 1 cm super macro.
- Widescreen HD video in 720p at 30 FPS.
- Compatible with any optional PENTAX infrared remote control (sold separately).
- A Digital Level function ensures shots are properly level to the horizon.
- Available in noble black and brilliant white.
Check out my hands on video review of the features included with the Optio VS 20 below:
Overall, the zoom capabilities, dual shutters and brimming features join together to create some truly spectacular images. The Optio VS 20 is currently available at select retailer's Nationwide, and retails for $249.99. You can also find the Optio VS 20 online at http://www.pentaxwebstore.com/ (they currently offer free shipping on orders over $99).
Ready to experience the Optio VS 20 for yourself? One Lucky One Savvy Mom reader will receive a Pentax Optio VS 20 in the Nobel White color choice (RV$249.99).
To enter use the Rafflecopter widget below:a Rafflecopter giveaway
Published March 16, 2012