During the school year, the pressure is definitely on. With the hectic schedule that the kids keep, work, and other daily responsibilities, sometimes it just feels impossible to get it all done!
With that said, I honestly can't find a ton of time for daily beauty routines. No matter how strapped for time I am, I always make time for an easy 10 minute beauty routine each day. It helps me feel and look my best, while I'm on-the-go with the kids. It also gives me a few minutes to myself, which I've found to be essential!
These are my simple daily lip and skin care tips, along with my "10 in 10" beauty routine. Perfect for busy moms who are constantly on-the-go, like myself!
- Cleanse - I adore foaming face washes with essential oils/light scents. Use YOUR favorite!
- Exfoliate - I use a light exfoliating scrub twice a week. On days that I'm not using the exfoliating scrub, I exfoliate with a soft face brush.
- Tone- Toner is an essential part of my beauty routine. It keeps my skin tone bright and healthy.
- Light moisturizer with SPF - I use a light (non-greasy) formula that offers up SPF 15. Coupled with the SPF in my mineral makeup, It provides much needed daily protection from harmful (aging) UV rays.
- Mineral Foundation
- Mineral Veil
- Lip balm (with SPF) - I wear Carmex Lip Balm Sunscreen under my lipstick/lip gloss. I LOVE the sleek new design, and that they come in a variety of fun fashion forward patterns & prints to match my own individual style! These stylish lip balms have become a staple in my makeup bag and purse!
- Lip gloss or light/natural shade of lipstick - check out my quick tip below on how to exfoliate your lips, for flawless lipstick/lip gloss application.
TIP: Make sure to exfoliate your lips every day too! Especially before applying lip gloss or lip stick. It allows for flawless application every time.
Simply apply a layer of great lip balm (I use Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm). Next use a textured cloth to exfoliate your lips by moving in a firm circular motion across the surface of your lips with the towel until smooth. Note: you may need to reapply your lip balm and repeat the steps outlined above.
These are my simple tips and daily beauty routine.
You can buy Carmex Moisture Plus at the checkout lane of Walmart Walgreens and Dollar General. Carmex offers new designs four times a year. Your bound to find one that matches your personal style. At just $2.49 each, you can collect new designs for each season!
What are your simple beauty tips for busy moms on-the-go? Share in a comment below!