With the holiday season fully upon us, you're most likely on the hunt for delicious recipes to bake and serve at your holiday gatherings, and just because. We had some extra eggnog on-hand from Thanksgiving, so we decided to make Eggnog Dump Cake "from scratch" - from Jennifer Lee's new cook book, Dump Cakes From Scratch: Nearly 100 recipes to Dump, Bake, and Devour. Our Eggnog Dump Cake "from scratch," turned out picture perfect [pictured above and below]. We all love eggnog in our home, so I'm sure that this easy recipe will be requested again over the next few weeks.
Grab the recipe for Eggnog Dump Cake "from scratch," below.
Eggnog Dump Cake Recipe
from Dump Cakes From Scratch: Nearly 100 recipes to Dump, Bake, and Devour, by Jennifer Lee
What you'll need:
- 1 cup spiced light eggnog, divided.
- 1 cup White Cake Mix sifted (you'll have to grab the book to check out Jennifer Lee's cookbook for her white cake mix recipe on page 20).
- 1/4 cup (or 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, sliced into 1/4 -inch thick squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. ( 175 degrees C.). Grease or line a 9 x 9 -inch baking pan. If lining pan, grease bottom after lining it.
- Pour 1/4 cup eggnog across bottom of pan. Sprinkle eggnog with dry cake mix. Pour remaining 3/4 cup eggnog evenly across cake mix. Spread butter slices evenly across top.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes. About 25 minutes in, quickly check the cake. Use a spatula or large wooden spoon to push down any uncooked cake mix into the bubbling mixture. Do not worry if this breaks the surface of the cake. Let the cake continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the surface is golden brown.
- Let the cake cool about 20 minutes before serving. If desired serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or whipped cream.
Looking for a great holiday gift idea? Place a copy of this book in a pretty new baking dish, and add a bow!
Happy Baking & Happy Holidays everyone!