A Little Bit About The NOOKcolorNothing brings your reading to life like our VividView™ Color Touchscreen. The rich high resolution backlit display uses more than 16 million colors to illuminate stunning images and crisp text for easy reading day or night. NOOKcolor lets you go beyond reading with our built-in Wi-Fi® connection. Surf the web, check your email, read a favorite blog or search Google - it's all just a touch away!
The NOOK's exclusive LendMe™ app lets you lend and borrow books from friends, all with just a few taps. You can also share passages and recommend books right from the page you're reading via Facebook® or Twitter®. From designing your home page to personalizing your bookshelves or choosing just the right font, NOOKcolor lets you create a customized reading experience that you can really call your own. Get ideas for books you'll love with the exclusive NOOKbook Personal Shopping. Their expert booksellers will make recommendations based on books you like, so you can enjoy one great read after another. Kick back and have a little fun with the growing array of exclusive NOOKextras. Crossword puzzles, Sudoku, Chess and Pandora® internet radio are among the fun additions to the NOOKcolor experience.
- Popular Apps: Shop an amazing array of popular apps including Epicurious, Lonely Planet and Angry Birds, plus enjoy pre-loaded Pandora® internet radio, Crossword puzzles, Chess and Sudoku. The award-winning Reader's Tablet now has so much more at an incredible value.
- People Magazine & More: The largest digital collection of the top 100 bestselling magazines now including People, Time, Sports Illustrated, Fitness and Parents! Get Special Interactive NOOK Editions of your favorite titles with video, audio, and fun extras built right in to the pages.
- Enhanced Web with Video: NOOK Color brings you even more of the web with an enhanced mobile experience. Watch videos on many of your favorite websites like YouTube® and enjoy some of the most interactive and animated content the Internet has to offer now with Adobe® Flash® Player
- Color Touchscreen: Nothing brings your reading to life like our VividView™ Color Touchscreen. The rich high resolution backlit display uses more than 16 million colors to illuminate stunning images and crisp text for easy reading day or night.
- NOOK Friends™: Create your own group of NOOK Friends™ (beta) to share recommendations, discover new titles–even swap books with LendMe™. Stay connected with your Friend's Activity feed to see their latest ratings and reviews, shared quotes and reading updates.
- Full Featured Email: Get your email on the go! Free full featured email lets you check and send messages anytime you're connected with built-in Wi-Fi®. Plus the full-screen virtual keyboard makes it easier than ever to stay in touch.
(OtterBox NOOKcolor Commuter Series Case Pictured Above)
Winter temperatures are right around the corner, here in the Northeast part of the country. It's ineveitable that many of us will spend most of us will retreat indoors. Personally, I like to cozy up with a good book, and my eReader has made it more convenient than ever! With the ability to purchase all of those titles that I can't wait to get my hands on, right from the comfort (and warmth!) of my own home, I'm sure to find a way to spend all of those chilly day's this season! Are the Temperatures starting to change where you live too? No reason to be blue! Cozy up with the NOOKcolor this Winter, with a HUGE selection of titles (which also includes over 100 top selling magazine titles) and an amazing array of apps, time will fly....while you're having fun!
You can find the NOOKcolor at a Barnes & Noble retailer near you, at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ and select reatailers online. You can find the OtterBox NOOKcolor Commuter Case at http://www.otterbox.com/ and other select retailers online and near you.
DISCLOSURE: A product was provided for review/giveaway purposes. I am not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed in this post are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.