The popular television series, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (airs weekday's on Disney Junior- check your local listings), has released a brand new collection of episodes to DVD, titled "I Heart Minnie"! This fun compilation of upbeat episodes focuses on Friendship, love, and Minnie Mouse! The 5 episodes included in this new release are seasonally themed.
Kid's will enjoy these interactive episodes in which Daisy and Minnie work to make their flower's bloom (perfect for Spring..it's just around the corner now!), Mickey and friends plan a celebration in honor of Minnie's Birthday, Daisy prepares for an energetic performance in the talent show, Daisy seeks to adopt the perfect pet to love and care for (super cute, the kids loved the adorable elephant in this episode), and follow the rainbow as Minnie and friends discover a valuable life lesson.
Each episode encourages interaction from the kid's, prompting them to respond to different questions throughout (as do all episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse); each episode also delivers a valuable lesson.
With the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday, we found this fun release was he perfect theme for a get together. Our "I heart Minnie DVD screening party" was filled with good food, great company, fun crafts (see below for free printable crafts & Valentines), and adorable treat bags that were enjoyed by all!
What would a party be without a sweet treat, right? The kids and I had a ball making Minnie themed cupcakes for our screening party (pictured below.) Though I had made "brownie bottom" cupcakes using Red Velvet cake in the past (always a big hit in our home!) I wanted to try something different, so we went with Strawberry Cupcakes with a Brownie bottom and Strawberry Buttercream Icing (pictured below). Great combination! They were absolutely delicious! (See below for the recipe.)
With the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday, an I Heart Minnie DVD screening party is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday with the kids!
Strawberry Cupcakes With A Brownie Bottom & Strawberry Buttercream Icing
(yields 18-24 cupcakes)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries
"Best Brownies Ever!"
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Spoon brownie batter into the bottom half of each cupcake pan (using cupcake baking cups), spoon strawberry cake batter on top half (baking cups should be three quarters full). Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool and top with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting (recipe below).
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (16-ounce) packages powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup pureed fresh (or frozen) strawberries
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: I Minnie has been packaged to include five, fun-filled episodes - each underlining the themes of friendship, teamwork, sharing and problem solving – and an
all new bonus feature “You’re Invited to Minnie’s Birthday Party,” as well as two complimentary Best Friend necklaces to keep as mementos and/or to share with a very special someone this Valentine’s Day.
The five classic episodes include:
- Minnie & Daisy’s Flower Shower (All-New, Never-Before-Seen) - The botanical highlight of the year is in trouble, unless Minnie and Daisy can get their flowers to bloom! Together, they board the glove balloon to help coax the clouds to sprinkle much needed rain.
- Daisy’s Dance -Clap your hands and tap your feet! Join Daisy, as she gets ready for one of the most important events of her life––performing in the big talent show!
- Daisy’s Pet Project - The Pet Parade is almost here and Daisy needs to find the perfect animal for which she can love and care. But it’s not as easy as she thinks and soon she has three new friends: an elephant named Bubbles, a giraffe called Longfellow and a bunny called Captain Jumps-a-lot!
- Minnie’s Rainbow - After a brightly colored rainbow appears over the clubhouse, Minnie searches for the pot of gold that’s supposed to be at its end. Along the way, she meets a leprechaun and discovers that not all treasure turns out to be as she expected!
- Minnie’s Birthday – Today is Minnie’s birthday, but the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse friends need to set up her birthday party.