I've reached the point in adulthood where I find myself pondering "if only I knew then what I know now". But that's not the way life goes, is it? I've also reached a point where it seems like the entire "younger" generation around me is getting married.
My advice for registering is pretty simple; register for YOUR lifestyle. Don't look at what everyone else is registering for. Think about what your daily lifestyle will be with your new spouse, and register accordingly. It's 2015, gone are the days of registering for pricey place-settings, and silver! Unless your planning on throwing regular dinner parties for a crowd. In that case, it may be practical to make those choices based on your lifestyle.
If I knew then what I know now, these are the items I would register for:
- A Roku Streaming Stick for each of the TV's in our home. Loads of entertainment, at a reasonable price-point? Yes, please!
- A Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 75-300mm Lenses. Because time goes by in a blink my friends. Make sure you capture the moments (little & BIG) with amazing photographs.
- A NutriBullet Pro 900 32 oz. blender. It's so important to maintain your health. Even after you've officially "caught" your spouse!
- Netflix Gift Cards: Tons of entertainment, easy on your budget! We love Netflix and it's a great alternative to a pricier cable plan. Especially when you're just starting out. Register for a few Netflix gift cards to help with the cost of service for the first few months of married life. You can use it with your Roku, your smartphone, your computer, and other streaming devices.
- Keurig 2.0 K200 Coffee Maker (pictured in Sandy Pearl). These are great little machines with a small footprint which is great for saving counter space. We love that they're available in mutiple colors to mix & match with your decor.
- Dyson V6 Motorhead Bagless Cordless Vacuum. Never underestimate the value of a great vacuum my friends!
- Kate Spade Portable Backup Battery; this is always useful to have on hand. Because you just never know when you'll need to recharge.
- Samsung High-Efficiency Top Loading Washer. Having a great washer and dryer is a blessing in more ways than one. This gift can save big on utilities and save your clothing over time. So, if you're in need of a newer more efficient washer & dryer set don't be afraid to register for them. They would make a great group gift or parent gift!
- Samsung 9 Cycle Electric Dryer
- TOM TOM VIA Portable GPS With Lifetime Map Updates to guide you safely on all of life's adventures.
- Sony VIZIO LED 1080p Smart HDTV: 1 good television in the living space / living room is all you really need. We think 32" is the perfect size too.
What gifts would you register for, if you knew then what you know now? Share in a comment below!
Disclosure:The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.