Grab some TruMoo Chocolate Milk today, and plan your celebration! Check out our Chocolate Milk n' Cookies party ideas, along with our upcycled cow bank kids craft tutorial using your empty TruMoo Chocolate Milk containers, below. It's a deliciously fun way to spend National Chocolate Milk Day (Sunday September 27th) with the family!
( available in various sizes; gallon, half gallon, single serve bottles etc.) at select local grocery retailers. Make some delicious gluten-free chocolate chip cookies to go along with your TruMoo Chocolate Milk, and your party is set! We used patterned paper straws and old fashioned milk bottles (found at our local craft store) to create a cute presentation for the kids.
Party tip: fill your milk bottles with cold TruMoo Chocolate Milk. Next, use an excess paper straw to gently create a straw sized hole in the center of your mini gluten-free (or regular) chocolate chip cookies. Slide a clean straw into it's place. Place a straw, complete with mini chocolate chip cookie, in your pre-filled bottles of chocolate milk. Let the cookie rest on the lip of the milk bottle. Serve to your party guests, and enjoy!
After the kids have enjoyed their TruMoo Chocolate Milk and cookies, craft up something cute with the empty single serve TruMoo bottles! Check out our kids craft tutorial below on how to make an upcycled cow bank. It's a fun craft, and a fun way to teach young kids to save their "moo"ney or "moola"!
What you'll need:
- Scissors (to cut the craft foam, felt, and create a slot in the top of your cow bank, for depositing your money)
- Heavy duty craft glue OR craft foam glue (sold at local craft stores)
- Empty single serve TruMoo bottle (they're the perfect shape to make your upcycled cow bank)
- Large googly eyes
- Black craft foam sheet (to create cows spots, cow mouth, and nose - refer to image tutorial below).
- White craft foam sheet (cow body and ears)
- Pink craft felt sheet (cow nose/cap. and inner ears)
- 4 large wooden beads (to glue onto the bottom to create "feet" for your cow/bank)
- White paint / paint markers + paint brush if using paint (to paint the wooden beads white/black bottom - to create cow/ bank feet)
- Low temp hot glue gun/ low temp hot glue stick (adults should complete the last step using the low temp hot glue gun/glue to glue on the 4 wooden beads to create cow/bank feet)
How to make / craft a cute upcycled cow kids bank using empty TruMoo single serve chocolate milk bottles:
Mark your calendars, Sunday, September 27th is National Chocolate Milk Day. Pick up some TruMoo today, and celebrate this fun holiday with the kids! You can find TruMoo with their store locator.
Happy #NationalChocolateMilkDay everyone!