This is a sponsored post that contains affiliate links.Everyone can surely find a reason (or 100) to live a healthier lifestyle. My top reason? My family, of course! I want to make healthier choices to ensure that I'm around as long as possible, to see my family grow.
While my diet changed significantly for the better over the past year, honestly, I could still stand to move around a bit more. Many days I find that I get so caught up in meeting the needs of everyone in our home, taking care of the house, and working etc., that oftentimes I don't have a solid hour to devote to exercise. Even with all of the responsibility though, my health should take priority. Having the privilege to see my family grow, should be my greatest motivation! Especially when there are so many simple ways to work that hour into my schedule. Getting a solid hour of exercise can be as easy as popping my youngest in the stroller, while having the older kids ride alongside me on their scooters, while I walk. When it comes down to it, there really is no excuse.
Whether it be making healthier food choices or moving around a bit more, there's always room for improvement. As adults, many of us know the basics of eating healthy, but in the moment, it can definitely be hard to make the healthy choice. That’s why John Hancock brought those everyday food choices to life on April 6, at the John Hancock Vitality Marketplace at Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
The event was free and open to the public, and it was all about choice. Are you going to reach for that donut, or an equally delicious, better for you, smoothie? Would you rather grab a handful of baby carrots and hummus, or a fistful of pretzels to dip instead? All of the choices were laid out at each of the Vitality Marketplace booths - and while the choice was yours to make, you were rewarded with points each time you chose the healthy option.
The concept of the event was a literal depiction of John Hancock's newest approach to life insurance. Last year, John Hancock changed the way people think about life insurance with the introduction of John Hancock life insurance with Vitality, an innovative kind of life insurance that rewards people for the healthy choices they make, like exercising, seeing your doctor, and now, purchasing healthy foods at the grocery store.
With the new HealthyFood program, not only will you save up to $600 a year on the nutritious foods you buy, but it can also help you save on your life insurance premium and earn valuable rewards and everyday savings for those healthy food purchases.
Everyone can use a little motivation, and that's some great motivation, in my opinion! While guests of the Vitality Marketplace were rewarded with prizes for their healthy choices, John Hancock life insurance with Vitality is rewarding folks financially, for making healthy choices. So not only will your physical health improve, but your financial health will as well. It's a win-win, all around!
As a busy mom myself, I know it can be hard, but these are 5 easy steps that you can take today, towards living a healthier lifestyle.
- Invest in a fitness tracker - With all of the tasks that you have to perform each day, it can be easy to slip into the belief that you've moved around enough. After all, why would you be so tired at the end of each day if you weren't super active? While the busy nature of your day may in-fact be exhausting, it doesn't necessarily mean that you've hit the recommended marker for active movement. Honestly, I was surprised by how much I was missing that mark by each day. The fitness tracker helps by keeping me aware of how much I've moved. It also holds me accountable when all of the data is right there for me to read. My tracker also helps me keep track of my diet, sleep patterns, and water intake. There are so many trackers available today, shop around and find one that's right for you. This is one of the best investments you can make, in my opinion.
- Make a plan and make your friends and family aware of it - I tend to have a greater desire to follow through when I make a plan to exercise, and make my friends/family members aware of it. It creates an additional element of accountability, which is a huge motivator for me.
- Make it - Making your own food can be a simple way to eliminate a ton of unhealthy ingredients, excess sodium etc. Find fresh foods that you enjoy and prepare them yourself at home. This is a simple way to help you take control of your own diet and health.
- Make it fun - Scout out new recipes that the entire family can enjoy, and make it fun! Put on some music, and get the entire family involved in food prep. Take a tour around the world by doing a theme week in recipes. Choose a new healthy recipe for each night of the week, from around the world. You can even get creative with themed décor; no need to be elaborate - a little DIY goes a long way!
- Motivate yourself - Sometimes all we need is a little motivation! John Hancock life insurance with Vitality offers up some key motivation via their great rewards program. While the greatest reward is definitely living a healthier life and being a better you, the financial rewards certainly don't hurt!
Chef and restaurateur Tom Colicchio stopped by the John Hancock Vitality Marketplace to serve up healthy foods. He also highlighted how guests can reap additional rewards for their everyday healthy food choices, with John Hancock life insurance Vitality.