Baking gluten free can definitely present challenges. I've been playing around with this recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk cookies for a while now. My friends, my efforts have paid off! This recipe yields the perfect, super moist & chewy, gluten free chocolate chunk cookies. These cookies are perfect when paired with a tall cold glass of milk. They're perfect for holiday cookie swaps too!
Grab my recipe for gluten free chocolate chunk cookies, below.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe
Recipe yields: 24 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes Refrigerate time: 1 hour
Bake time: 12-14 minutes
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter ( 1 stick )
- 2 cups gluten free Cup4Cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- Wax paper to line your cookie sheet
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- While butter is cooling, combine gluten free flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, salt, and baking powder, in a separate mixing bowl.
- Once cooled a bit, add brown and white sugar to the melted butter. Cream/combine mixture with a hand mixer. Add milk, whole egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed until combined well.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until combined well.
- Fold in semisweet chocolate chunks by hand.
- Chill/refrigerate the dough in a covered bowl/container for 1 hour (until firm)
- After the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Round your cookie dough into 2 inch balls, and place on lined baking sheet ( spaced 2 - 3 inches apart).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (until golden brown).
- Remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool 2-3 minutes on baking sheets before removing / moving them to a cooling rack.
Happy baking & Happy Holidays!