The way that I concocted this recipe was actually a happy accident. A few weeks ago, I found myself smack in the middle of one of "those" days. I didn't have a ton of time on my hands - but I still wanted to produce something quick and delicious for dinner. After scouring my cabinets and fridge for possible ingredients / ideas, I landed on White Pizza Crescents with Roasted Garlic and Spinach. I served them alongside a chopped salad, and everyone was full and happy. WINNING! 20 minutes of effort well spent, friends.
Last Sunday, I used the same ingredients, to try my hand at making a White Pizza Crescent Ring, and it turned out just as great as the handheld Crescents; a definite crowd pleaser!
Grab my simple recipe for White Pizza Crescents with Garlic and Spinach, below ( or you can use the same ingredients list to make a White Pizza Crescent ring - directions can also be found below).
White Pizza Crescents with Roasted Garlic and Spinach Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
What you'll need:
- 2 tubes of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (we used original)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 6 cloves of fresh roasted garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks - cut in half ( if making Crescent ring substitute with 2 cups shredded mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup cooked chopped spinach (drained and dried well)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- Unroll Crescent roll dough, and separate at perforated edges. Arrange flat on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the crescent dough (as evenly as possible)
- Spoon / spread ricotta cheese on each piece of Crescent dough (about a teaspoon + each)
- Add spinach and minced garlic on top of ricotta
- Sprinkle with half of the garlic salt, as evenly as possible (leave the other half of the garlic salt set aside).
- Roll the Crescents (carefully to ensure the ingredients stay in place)
- Sprinkle the tops of each Crescent with Parmesan cheese / remaining garlic salt ( as evenly as possible).
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes / until tops are golden brown.
- Serve alongside a chopped salad, to make it a meal OR on a pretty tray as an appetizer / snack. Enjoy!
To make a White Pizza with Roasted Garlic Crescent Ring, use the same ingredients listed above.
- Lay your crescent dough out on a pizza pan in a circular pattern (overlapping each piece of crescent dough as you go). Add your ingredients the same as you did with the White Pizza Crescents (refer to steps outlined above).
- Once ingredients have been added, fold your Crescent dough "points" inwards (one by one).
- Press each piece of Crescent dough down as your folding, to secure it over top of the ingredients.
- Bake at 400 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 12-15 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 - 10 minutes prior to slicing and serving.
I can't even begin to tell you how many times having a couple of tubes of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls on-hand has saved me - they're an absolute staple in my fridge!
What are your favorite quick & simple recipes to make with Crescent roll dough? I'd love it if you'd share in a comment below - or tag me on Twitter @one_savvymom