Sugar cookies are synonymous with the holiday season. Finding a great gluten free sugar cookie dough recipe can be hard though!
Today, I'm sharing my recipe for perfect gluten free sugar cookies. They're great for enjoying during the holiday season! This dough works well with cookie cutters too; perfect for making holiday themed cookies / decorating with the kids.
Grab my recipe for perfect gluten free sugar cookies, below.
Perfect Gluten Free sugar Cookies Recipe
Yields: 24 cookies
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
What you'll need:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups Cup4Cup gluten free multipurpose flour blend (it's the very best gluten free flour that we've found to date! When you bake with it, you'll never be able to tell the difference between gluten free and regular baked goods!)
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered / confectioners sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat granulated sugar, softened butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed, until creamy.
- On low speed beat in vanilla and egg.
- Stir in gluten free flour blend, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic wrap - refrigerate for about 1 hour (or until firm)
- Once dough has been chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle your work surface lightly with gluten free flour blend.
- Roll out cookie dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes or traditional circles.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing and placing on cooking rack.
- Cool cookies completely for about 15 minutes.
- Stir together glaze ingredients, and drizzle over sugar cookies. Sprinkle Cookies with granulated sugar or colored granulated sugar, if desired (we pressed small candy cane white chocolate candy into our pictured cookies, for added flavor / decoration.)
Happy Baking & Happy Holidays!